Miso originated in China around 800 BC. Ancient and contemporary healers consider 'Miso' a super food. Miso,a fermented soy product, is as delicious as it is medicinal. There are many ways to create 'Miso' soup. This recipe is quick, easy, nutritious and delicious!
For 2 servings:
- 4 cps low sodium vegetable broth or homemade broth
- 1/2 cp thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 carrot, shredded
- fresh ginger, grated on microplane (to taste) (I use about 1/2" slice fresh ginger)
- Note: When I buy a wedge of fresh ginger, I grate the skin, then cut into wedges and keep in freezer.
- 3 T white miso (or your favorite miso; it comes in different flavors)
- 2 T wakame or dulse flakes (seaweed)