White Bean Spread with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
This is a Food for Life Recipe!
Posted by: admin
This recipe uses NO added fat! The sun-dried tomatoes give it a wonderful smoky flavor and add the cancer-fighting antioxidant lycopene.
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, (not packed in oil)
- 1 cp boiling water
- 1 1/2 cps cooked or canned great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary, or 1 tsp dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 cp bean cooking liquid of veggie broth**
- ** Note: Eden Organic canned goods do not contain any BPA's, so safe to use bean liquid from those canned beans.
- Place sun-dried tomatoes in a heatproof bowl and pour the boiling water over them. Let soak till softened, about 10 minutes. Drain, thinly slice, and set aside.
- Combine the beans, rosemary, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and sage in a food processor and process until smooth. If desired, add some or all of the bean cooking liquid for a creamier texture. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes. Taste and add more salt or lemon juice if needed.
Stored in a covered container in the refrig, the dip will keep for up to 3 days.