Key Lime Pie
A little bit of the Florida Keys. Ooooh, taste that lime!
There are many variations of Key Lime Pie on the web. I found this version which I adapted to suit my own taste. It is one of the best. One taste and you'll be transported to sunny Key West.
- 1 (12 1/3 oz) package Mori-nu firm silken tofu (aseptic box)
- 8 ounces soy cream cheese
- ½ cp fresh Key lime juice or juice from regular limes
- 2 tsps grated lime rind
- 2 (4 oz) packages Mori-nu mates vanilla pudding mix(found in health food stores or can order online)
- 1 T liquid sweetener (agave nectar)
- 1 (9 inch) baked pastry shell or graham cracker crust
Drain any excess water from the tofu. Blend tofu and lime juice in food processor until creamy and smooth.
Add the rest of the ingredients (except the crust!), and blend again until smooth. (Might have to do this with electric mixer. Batter might be too stiff for processor.)
Pour the mixture into the baked crust and chill for 2-3 hours or until firm. (Pie sets up very firm.)
This recipe also makes a great pudding or as mini tarts for dessert.